Zac Thompson talks the incredible 'Ka-Zar: Lord of the Savage Land'
As we enter the throws of October and New York Comic Con delivers devilish comics details the AIPT Comics podcast is back for another week of recap, reviews, and guests too. This week, Zac Thompson joins the show to discuss Ka-Zar: Lord of the Savage Land with the second issue out next week!
Visit our Patreon page to see the various tiers you can sign up for today to get in on the ground floor of AIPT Patreon. We hope to see you chatting with us in our Discord soon!
- Marvel reveals ‘Marauders Annual’ #1 for January 2022
- Louise and Walter Simonson return for ‘X-Men Legends’ #11
- Marvel teases ‘X Deaths of Wolverine’ and ‘X Lives of Wolverine’
- Wolverine traveling through time in ‘X Lives of Wolverine’ and X Deaths of Wolverine’ in 2022
- DC FanDome reveals guest list including Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, Dwayne Johnson and more
- DC FanDome offers free '(Not So) Secret Origins' character design tool
- Image adds encore album pressings for ‘What’s the Furthest Place From Here?’ deluxe edition
- Image dishes out details on Kurt Busiek Universe for 2022
Our Top Books of the Week
- We Have Demons #1 (Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo)
- Arkham City: The Order of the World (Dan Watters, Dani)
- The Swamp Thing #8 (Ram V, Mike Perkins)
- Arkham City: The Order of the World #1 (Dan Watters, Dani)
Standout KAPOW moment of the week:
Nathan - Amazing Spider-Man #75 (Zeb Wells, Patrick Gleason, a whole mess o’ people)
Dave - Arkham City: The Order of the World #1 (Dani, Dan Watters)
TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK
- Dave: Darkhold: Iron Man #1 (Ryan North, Guillermo Sanna)
- Nathan: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #9 (Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert Hack)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.
- Dave: Shang-Chi #5 (Michael Cho)
- Nathan: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #9 (Robert Hack)
Segment: Interview: Zac Thompson - Ka-Zar: : Lord of the Savage Land #2 out next week!
- Zac, thank you for being on the AIPT comics podcast!
- You were last on the show back in December 2020 and hinted at this series, and in X-Men Monday 2 weeks ago you pointed out this has been in the works since March 2020, what is it like working on a series like this for so long?
- Have you finished scripting for some time?
- The first two issues have incredible creature reveals, what goes into surprising readers with some kind of new beast?
- Was there anything kind of research you didn't expect you'd dive into when starting this project?
- The first issue was insane with sound effects, how involved are you in layering those into the comic?
- When writing a series about the Savage Land, do you physically map out the land itself? How big is the Savage Land in your story?
- Using a rich location like the Savage Land, are you ever itching to have guest appearances by X-Men or other Marvel characters?
- I love comics with subtitles like this one, Lord of the Savage Land. If you were to do a sequel series, what might it be called?
- Do you have any other projects you'd like to hype or discuss?