Tom Taylor and Danieli Di Nicuolo talk 'Seven Secrets'
Special guests Tom Taylor and Danieli Di Nicuolo join the podcast to talk about Seven Secrets from BOOM! Studios out August 12th. How do you craft a good action scene, what goes into character building, and the type of person who needs Seven Secrets!
- Injustice: Year Zero drops on Tuesday.
- Marvel surprise cancels Doctor Strange and Black Cat delay
- A wedding issue is coming for Wiccan and Hulkling plus issue #4 gets 2nd printing
- Check out the next 4 Harley Quinn: Black + White + Red creatives
- Tales from the Dark Multiverse returns this November
- Brubaker and Phillips launching graphic novel series with Reckless starting December
- BOOM! Studios launching Slaughterhouse-Five graphic novel
- Black Widow #1 gets new on-sale date after pandemic delay
- DC FanDome (August 22) gets a guest lineup list
- Bad Idea shares art by Villalobos...who doesn’t have a project set up there (jk)
- Dark Horse says Predator adaptation won’t be released due to shifting rights
Our Top Books of the Week
- Fire Power #1 (W: Robert Kirkman, A: Chris Samnee)
- The Dreaming: Waking Hours (2020) #1 (W: G. Willow Wilson, A: Nick Robles)
- King of Nowhere #4 (W: W. Maxwell Prince, A: Tyler Jenkins)
- Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #7 (Erica Henderson)
TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK
- Dave: Wonder Woman #760 (W: Mariko Tamaki, A: Mikel Janin)
- Forrest: Strange Skies Over East Berlin TPB (W: Jeff Loveness, A: Lisandro Estherren)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.
Segment: Interview: Tom Taylor & Daniele Di Nicuolo talk Seven Secrets interview
- Are you good at keeping secrets?
- There's a fan out there who needs Seven Secrets, can you describe that comic book fan?
- How did develop the relationship between Eva and Sigurd in the first issue, it feels so natural, is there a back and forth in the building to make it feel so real?
- I was impressed with the details in weapons, vehicles and costuming in the first issue. When writing and drawing a script with so many specific looking guns, vehicles, and garb, how much is in the script and how much is the artists choice?
- When crafting an action scene, how do you know how many panels and pages you need to get it right?
- Again, the book feels so cinematic, were there any films that inspire you or inspired this work?
- Do you have any rituals you go through before putting pen to paper?
- What comics are you reading now?