Taboo and B. Earl on the shared experience of art, toys & Spirit Rider
Very special guests Taboo and B. Earl join us to discuss their work on the recent Spirits of Vengeance: Spirit Rider and the future for the character. We also discuss Werewolf by Night, their writing process, how they broke into Marvel, and more!
- Jonathan Hickman exits X-Men with ‘Inferno’ this fall
- Brian Michael Bendis' Jinxworld headed to Dark Horse Comics
- DC Characters Are Coming to Webcomics Through Deal With Webtoon
- Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman launch Substack
- Zdarsky launching Newburn at Image Comics.
- EXCLUSIVE BOOM! First Look: Regarding the Matter of Oswald's Body #1
- BOOM! Studios announces ‘Power Rangers Universe’ event
- Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss reunite for ‘What’s the Furthest Place From Here?’
- Marvel Solicitations!
- Diamond reveals top 10 comics of July
Our Top Books of the Week
- Home Sick Pilots #8 (Dan Watters, Caspar Wijngaard)
- Nocterra #6 (Scott Snyder, Tony S. Daniel)
- Superman and the Authority #2 (Grant Morrison, Mikel Janin)
- Nightwing #83 (Tom Taylor, Bruno Redondo)
Standout KAPOW moment of the week:
Nathan - Nightwing #83 (Tom Taylor, Bruno Redondo)
Dave - Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #3 (Charles Soule, Luke Ross with David Messina)
TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK
- Dave: Spider-Man: Life Story Annual #1 (Chip Zdarsky, Mark Bagley)
- Nathan: Superman ‘78 #1 (Rob Venditti, Wilfredo Torres)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.
- Dave: Amazing Fantasy #2 (Kaare Andrews)
- Nathan: Alien #6 (Jay Anacleto)
Segment: Interview: Taboo and B. Earl - Writers of Spirits of Vengeance and Werewolf by Night
- Ben Earl, Taboo, thank you for joining the AIPT comics podcast to talk about your comics work! Spirits of Vengeance: Spirit Rider #1 is an extra-sized issue now out in shops, what made this the right project to follow Werewolf by Night?
- Did your collaboration process change at all when working on Spirits of Vengeance?
- Spirits of Vengeance has Paul Davidson on art, and also Jeffrey Veregge, how did this duo join you on the project?
- What was it like working with them on this project?
- Taboo, how does crafting a comic book story compare to crafting your music?
- A really fun thing about Kushala is that she’s sort of a woman out of time. She’s still adjusting to the modern-day, but she also is embracing it in some ways (karaoke and open mics). What are the challenges to approaching a character who is still trying to figure out her place in the world, who’s just a bit out of step?
- Are there any Marvel characters that are on your bucket list to write next?
- What comics are you reading right now?
Off topic off shelf with B Earl and Taboo - Philosophize This, family, A kids book about identity -- Ikidscompanyabout, Flow Water