Talking Batman/Superman with writer Josh Williamson & more!
A special guest appearance from DC Comics writer Josh Williamson to talk about his new series Batman/Superman, the current The Flash run, and more. Plus we go over the best of last week and look ahead to comics out June 26, 2019.
- DC Replacing All Imprints With Age Labeling System - Goodbye VERTIGO, ZOOM, INK
- DC announces new line of YA and middle school age graphic novels.
- Marvel Solicits news like J.J. Abrams writing Spider-Man, and more!
TOP BOOKS OF LAST WEEK
Rick and Morty #51 (W: Kyle Starks; Magdalene Visaggio, A: Marc Ellerby; Ian McGinty)
James Bond 007 #8 (W: Greg Pak, A: Eric Gapstur)
Critic - Savage Sword of Conan #6 (W: Meredith Finch, A: Luke Ross) 9.5
Fan - Lucifer #9 (W: Dan Watters, A: Kelley Jones) 9.8
TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK
Wolverine: Exit Wounds #1 (W: Sam Keith, Larry Hama, Chris Claremont, A: Sam Kieth, Scot Eaton, Salvador Larroca)
Dick Tracy Forever #3 (W/A: Michael Avon Oeming, C: Taki Soma)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.
The Flash #73 (A: Doc Shaner)
Dick Tracy Forever #3 (A: Michael Avon Oeming)
SEGMENT Interview - Joshua Williamson
Josh has been writing The Flash since June 8, 2016, much of that run being double shipped, you might also know him from his work at Image Comics with Nailbiter and Birthright, and he will be writing the new Batman/Superman series out this August.
- Batman/Superman seems like the dream-come-true project. How did this project come about, did you pitch the idea or were you asked to do the series?
- You pointed out in your interview with the Hollywood Reporter Batman and Superman will be “spying on other heroes, friends, and allies”. Will you be exploring the morality of their acts in the series? - Nathan
- The new series sends Batman and Superman on a grim mission, but will we also get to see the lighter side of the best bromance in comics? - Nathan
- Has your approach changed in writing this series over something like The Flash?
- How long was Flash Year One percolating for you?
- The Button was tantalizing Joshua, can we hope to see more connecting to that in this run or in Flash, or elsewhere?!
- In issue #2 the solicit shows there’s a Dark Multiverse-infected Shazam!...you are truly writing some of the most-fun comics ever, am I right?
- I’m curious, as a successful comic book writer do you collect anything, comics or non-comics related? -Nathan
- As you probably know we here at AiPT! loved your run on Nailbiter. When might we see another Mike Henderson/Joshua Williamson collab?
SEGMENT: SQUARE UP!
Josh Williamson, Dave, and Nathan discuss who would be a better kindergarten teacher: Thanos or Joker?!
Off Topic Top Shelf: Josh - rewatching West Wing, checking out a new show called Holy Moly, and more!