Jeremy Haun talks 'The Red Mother' and Batman is all over the news
Welcome to the weekly comic book podcast at AIPT. Your hosts David Brooke and Forrest Hollingsworth do their best to recap all the news, best comics, interview guests and look ahead to new releases out next Wednesday. It's our way of keeping you up to date and connected! This week we have special guest Jeremy Haun on the show to talk about his new BOOM! Studios series The Red Mother. We also play Super Fight and check in on his off-topic top shelf!
- Marvel hosting midnight launch parties for new books
- ‘The Pull List’ reveals March solicits early and Savage Avengers
- DC comments on removal of Batman: Golden Child ad from Twitter
- Grampa and Miller comment on Batman art use in Hong Kong
- DC advertises Dark Knight with Joker/Trump image
- John Ridley rumored to take over Batman at issue #100
- Christopher Priest says Damian Wayne was originally Deathstroke’s kid
- X-men 5-7 postponed, Abrams Spider-Man finale pushed back 11 weeks
- Heavy Metal names new CEO
- Bernie Wrightson Frankenstein cover sells for 1.2 million, highest ever
TOP BOOKS OF LAST WEEK:
- Annihilation: Scourge - Beta Ray Bill #1 (W: Michael Moreci, A: Alberto Alburquerque)
- Batman: Curse of the White Knight #5 (W: Sean Murphy, Color: Matt Hollingsworth)
- The Red Mother #1 (W: Jeremy Huan, A: Danny Luckert)
- Morbius #2 (W: Vita Ayala, A: Marcelo Ferreira)
- Critic: Rai #2 (9.6)
- Fan: Punisher: Soviet #2 (9.5)
Segment: TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK:
- Dave: Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #1 (W: Charles Soule, A: Will Sliney)
- Forrest: Revenge of the Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 (W: Hallum, Cates A: Shaw)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.:
INTERVIEW: The Red Mother writer Jeremy Haun (The Beauty, The Realm) talks writing horror, his future projects in 2020, comics creator self-care, and more!
Segment: Superfight: Jeremy and Dave determine who would win a staring contest: Samara from Ring vs. Candyman, vs. The Red Mother.
Off topic top shelf: Jeremy Haun talks whiskey and his Patreon Comics and Cocktails.