Special guest Chris Arrant joins us to talk about what editing at Newsarama is like and his take on the state of the comics industry. Then we analyze Ezra Claytan Daniels' graphic novel Upgrade Soul.
AIPT BOOKCLUB: Upgrade Soul by Ezra Claytan Daniels
Segment: Interview: Chris Arrant - Newsarama Editor
1. Walk us through a day in the life of a Newsarama editor.
2. Can you think of a time in comics that have been as tumultuous today and with news changings so quickly? How do you keep all the different things straight?
3. The 5,000 dollar question...where do you see comics for the second half of 2020? How about 2021?
4. What do you think the comics industry can learn from overcoming this hurdle? How would you like to see publishers, distributors, and retailers react and change?
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
6. If you could interview one comic creator living or dead for as long as you wanted, who would it be?
7. If you could choose one comic to come out regularly during quarantine times, which would it be?
8. What comics are you reading right now?
9. You’re super active on Twitter and I’m curious, is that part of being editor at Newsarama, or is that a private endeavor?
OFF TOPIC TOP SHELF: Chris Arrant - Gardening, magazine reading