Ben Percy on Wereworld, horror influences, and pretty sentences
This week, Ben Percy joins the show to discuss Wereworld, a new novella out September 14th with illustrations by Francesco Francavilla. Call it an early preview of the Halloween season, we discuss what makes horror great, if Percy has any ideas for other monsters, and even touch on Wolverine.
Visit our Patreon page to see the various tiers you can sign up for today to get in on the ground floor of AIPT Patreon. We hope to see you chatting with us in our Discord soon!
- Confirms Joe Bennett is off book
- Marvel Comics gives new details on event 'Timeless'
- Marvel unleashes hell and secrets with new ‘Devil’s Reign’ story details
- Marvel launching new ‘King Conan’ series December 15, 2021
- Marvel reveals new Dr. Strange coming in ‘Death of Doctor Strange’ plus Blade & X-Men
- Marvel Avengers Forever
- Elektra is next for Black, White, and Blood!
- Marvel Unlimited app gets massive update, adding new Infinity Comics
- Jeff Lemire gives details on three new series alongside Substack project ‘Fishflies’
- DC Comics outlines Batman Day details with FaZe Clan, HBO Max, & WEBTOON collaborations
- Neotext reveals Ben Percy and Francesco Francavilla’s novella ‘Wereworld’
Our Top Books of the Week
- Last Flight Out #1 (Marc Guggenheim, Eduardo Ferigato)
- Ka-Zar: Lord of the Savage Land (2021) #1 (Zac Thompson, German Garcia)
- The Swamp Thing #7 (Ram V, Mike Perkins)
- The Me You Love in the Dark #2 (Skottie Young, Jorge Corona)
Standout KAPOW moment of the week:
Nathan - Batman: Wayne Family Adventures #3 (Starbite, CRC Payne)
Dave - Ka-Zar Lord of the Savage Land #1
TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK
- Dave: Batman: The World
- Nathan: Batman: Urban Legends #7 (Jackson Lanzing, Colin Kelly, and more!)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.
Segment: Interview: Ben Percy - WEREWORLD with Francesco Francavilla out digitally via NeoText on September 14!
- Werewold is out September 14th via neotextcorp.com, Nathan and I have read it, we’re excited for others to read it...ben percy thank you for being on the AIPT comics podcast. I think it’s fair to say Nathan and I couldn’t put this down, for those who don’t know what is Wereworld?
- How did the partnership with Neotext come about? What made it the right place for this story?
- It feels very much born out of the pandemic, becoming a werewolf is similar to the uncertainty of a virus in a pandemic, when was this story conceived? Did it evolve over time?
- What was the working process like with Francavailla?
- I’ve been on a kick listening to horror scores lately. Do you listen to anything in particular to get you in the mood to write spooky stuff?
- Wolverine has heavily used vampires, we have werewolves in Wereworld, are you a Halloween/monster junky?
- I honestly believe Wereworld would be an excellent limited series TV show, was the month to month story structure your approach from the start?
- Is it X lives of Wolverine or Ten lives of Wolverine?